im so sad about stucky like all the time like i’m at lunch with my mom and she’s like “so what are u gonna have to eat?” and i’m like “mom please. steve rogers dropped his shield because he couldn’t fight bucky. he let bucky punch the shit out of him because it was the best option he had. he stole his old uniform from a museum to wear when he went up against bucky in the hopes it would spark his memory. i’m having pasta.”
#SaveInTheFlesh Social Media Sunday
#SaveInTheFlesh Social Media Sundays are going to be the last Sunday of every month.
This means Sunday 27th July is the next one.
A lot of you know all about and taken part in this before (thanks so much!), but as anyone taking a casual glance at the tag has noticed, this fandom is growing rapidly, so we’ll explain what this is again.
Basically, we started this campaign in mid-June - this is the original post - to demonstrate how much love for the show is out there and make sure the BBC knows it. The response from the fandom was amazing - we, got amazing support from the Sherlockians and sherlockology, and check out these stats. The show’s creative team certainly noticed the fans’ efforts and the noise we all created brought new fans to the show.
We want to make this an ongoing campaign - we’re going for once a month so that we all have time to create things for each event.
It would be really great if lots of new fans (especially everyone coming in from Teen Wolf) could take part this time!
This is how you get involved:
#SaveInTheFlesh - Sunday 27th July - 10pm UK time
- We all create a post - this isn’t about likes and reblogs, this is a show of numbers. It could be a bit of fan art you’ve made, your favourite quote, a picture of your favourite character, or even just one of the images above
- Here are screencaps (series 1 - here is series 2) for images and here are the scripts for quotes. Or you can use this free to use fan art from ruvillie and these free to use gifs.
- In the caption, say how much you like the show and that you want another series
- Include mentions of BBC Three and BBC America - do this by typing “@ bbcthree” and “@ bbcamerica” in your post without the space. When it has worked, the @ will disappear and the text will become a link. The BBC’s tumblr accounts will then get a notification when you publish the post so they’ll see you love the show
- Tag it saveintheflesh
- Schedule it for 10pm UK time on Sunday 27th July
- Tweet #saveintheflesh at BBC Three and BBC America
- After creating your own tweet, retweet a few others from the tag a few minutes later
- Get conversations going with your fellow fans - tweet questions and answer other people’s using the hashtag. This will help get the numbers up and ensure the topic stays busy.
This particular campaign method is all about timing - by suddenly all talking about the show, we send a strong, united message of support to the BBC, and show the talented cast and crew that we love them and we’re behind them all the way.
Remember: Sunday 27th July 10pm UK time
- That’s 11pm Sunday for most of continental Europe
- Time zone calculator
Spread the word!